Now you have heard of Bitcoin mixers and you’re wondering what they’re used for or if you may need to use it. In this post, we are going to look at the use cases of Bitcoin mixers or blenders.
Whenever you hear of Bitcoin tumbler, it is the same as mixers or blenders. They are the same service that is used to keep you anonymous on the blockchain network. As you may be aware, you cannot completely be anonymous while using cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum. So mixers confer anonymity on you so that you stay safe and have your funds secured.
Here are some of the times when you have to use Tumblers:
- While making purchases from merchants – It is a simple matter to track the owner of a Bitcoin wallet if they used the same wallet to purchase from a merchant. If they use their wallet that has been used on a site that requires verification of identity, it would be easy to know who they are and find out how much they have in their Bitcoin wallets. Also, blockchain analysis would show all the transactions that they have made in the past and the volume of funds they still have. So to protect your privacy while paying with bitcoin, you should use a Bitcoin blender such as Bitcoinmix.
- Hodling – Hodling is the act of holding bitcoins for a long-term purposes. The purpose is that bitcoin is a deflationary cryptocurrency. This means that it has a built-in mechanism that ensures that the value appreciates with time. This is mainly because it has a limited supply. A hodler buys and stores their bitcoins in a wallet. It is just like money put away for the future. Since this is a big investment, the wallet must be protected from prying eyes and hackers who may want to steal the coins. The hodler can add an extra layer of security by mixing the coins and sending them to a wallet that they have not ‘exposed’ in transactions.
- Making Transaction with High Volume Wallets – In the real sense of the word, a wallet is a pouch we use in moving around our funds. In practice, no one puts all their money in their wallet and move around with it. Just a small fraction of all our funds are placed in physical wallets. With a crypto wallet, because all the funds are controlled by the owner, there are times that a wallet holds a lot of funds. Such wallet id should not be displayed unnecessarily, so while making payments to such wallets, it is advised that a tumbler is used to keep the wallet address concealed from prying eyes.
- Securing Hot Wallets – Wallets that are based on or connected to the internet are prone to risks such as hacks. The internet is a network that links all manner of people so hot wallets are the most vulnerable. Transactions to and from such wallets should be routed through a blender to help keep the owner anonymous.
- In Exchange Transactions – Exchanges are the weak link in the privacy concern of crypto users. This is because they mostly are required to conduct KYC and other verification processes on users. This effectively makes the identity of a user of Bitcoin known. This makes it easy to track all their transactions. To avoid this, it is necessary to use a mixer while dealing with crypto exchanges.
Disclaimer: This is a paid post and should not be considered as news/advice.