“In the last 4 years, we have witnessed the Ethereum community’s growth, and the rapid progress of the technology. The Ethereum community is what drives us to continue to make this conference every year. ”
EDCON [Community Ethereum Development CONference] is an Ethereum community conference originally started and organized by LinkTime in 2016. EDCON has since been held every year in different countries worldwide, and has had a great influence on the Ethereum community’s growth and development.
- Goal: promote the Ethereum ecosystem’s health and development, and become a bridge between the Ethereum foundation and community
- Culture: freedom, fairness, impact, communication, cooperation
- Date: March or April every year, to serve as a complement to the EF’s Devcon in the fall
We hope to bring more Ethereum contributors together to boost the communication and interaction of Ethereum communities worldwide. We believe, with the spirit of sharing and mutual growth, we will see an even better Ethereum ecosystem and bring more people to this unbelievable wonderful decentralized world.
Together with the help of our supporters, EDCON has made a large influence in its previous years in EDCON2017-Paris, EDCON2018-Toronto and EDCON2019-Sydney and we hope this year’s event will be even more significant.
Highlights of EDCON2020:
- Theme of “Renaissance of Crypto-economics”, more voices about crypto-economics will be included.
- Topics of ETH2.0 Cryptoeconomics, DeFi, DAO, DApp Investment, Governance Community building, etc.
- Keynotes from Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin and many other core developers/researchers.
- Panels, Debates, Demos, Workshops, Side events, etc. will happen simultaneously with a total expecting attendees of 20k+.
- Three tracks Superdemo competitions [Business Idea, Prototype, and Working Product.]
- Themed Sub-conferences including Data&Investment, IOT&Ethereum, Staking&Mining, DAOs&Decentralized governance, ETH2.0 Client development, Ethereum Smart Contract training, DeFi new development, etc.
- Artistic Free Crypto Market where you can exchange artworks with cryptocurrencies
- VIP dinner party
So far the confirmed speakers include:
- Vitalik Buterin, Ethereum Founder
- Karl Floersch, Hsiao-Wei Wang, Albert Ni, Alex Beregszaszi, Aditya Asgaonkar, Christian Reitwiessner, Alex Van de Sande, Danny Ryan, researchers from Ethereum Foundation
- Arthur Gervais, from Liquidity.Network,
- Deniz Omer from KyberNetwork
- Griff Green from Commons Stack & Giveth
- Emin Gün Sirer from AVA Labs
- Weiwu Zhang, CTO of AlphaWallet
- Shawn Douglass, CEO of Amberdata
- Dominik Harz, a developer from Imperial College London
- Jae-Yun Kim from Seoul National University
and many others. Check here for more confirmed speakers.
EDCON is a gathering of developers, researchers, engineers, scholars, project leads, designers, as well as various communities in this space. Check here to find more info. Come and see if anyone you are familiar with is listed already.
We sincerely welcome anyone from this ecosystem to join us. If you have any great ideas and want to organize a themed sub-conference, welcome to apply to be one of the sub-conference organizers. For speaking/sponsoring/volunteering/media supporting/buying tickets, register on website and we look forward to your participation.
Name: Community Ethereum Development Conference
Date: April 3-7, 2020
Venue: WU – Vienna University of Economics and Business, Vienna, Austria
Location: WU, Welthandelspl. 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Disclaimer: This is a partnered event.
Subscribe to our Newsletter