OneBlock2020 was birthed because of the short fall of Blockchain developers across the continent of Africa and the need to urgently train and encourage developers to begin to look into Blockchain. A lot of startups are springing up from the continent but with very few developers to maintain the newly developed solutions across various Blockchain platforms that support DApps.
The OneBlock2020 aims to be an avenue for young developers to learn and see the possibilities of diving deeper into this ecosystem and to also connect with experts in DApps Industry, sharing insights and exploring new opportunities. The conference will be held on February 20th & 21st, 2020 in Kano – Nigeria.
Kano is the commercial nerve center of Northern Nigeria and the second largest city in Nigeria. The dynamism and determination of its people and environment makes it a place that is more than a city-state, it is a central point of commerce and a great storehouse of information and so provides opportunities with the traditional financial industry.
The conference will bring together over 1,000 experts from Digital Asset Management, Exchanges, Investment Banks, hedge funds, Legal Advocates, Mobile Payments, developers and Regulatory bodies to discuss how to forge a new way forward in Blockchain technology.
This conference is completely free and this is because we want to encourage participation from across the country and the continent. We have seen meaningful contributions and participation from the free events we have organized previously and we are sure by making this free, we will have great participation and maximum impact.
Engagement and Activities:
In Four years of operations, Startup Kano has engaged over 3,000 youths in the areas of technology development, skill acquisition and women empowerment. We have organized, manage and facilitate/host some conferences, seminars, trainings, meetups and activities such as:
- Women Founders Conference [WFC]
- British Council, Creative Enterprise Program [CEP]
- British Council, Creative Hustle
- British Council, Digital Skills Training
- International Women’s Day
- A Day with A Mentor
- Entrepreneurs Meetup
- Andela Learning Community [ALC] Meetup
Top Blockchain Startups/Platforms in Nigeria:
- First Kudi
- House Africa
- Naija Crypto
- Crypto TV Plus
What to expect in the conference:
- Blockchain developers: To connect with recruiters, incubators, crypto startups, established companies and institutions, in Nigeria and beyond.
- Industry: To raise more Blockchain developers in Nigeria, West Africa and Africa at large who can confidently work on any blockchain platforms and deploy smart contracts for industrial use.
We will launch a campaign tagged “OneBlockDeveloper” at the conference.
- Entrepreneurs: To help DApps developers think local solutions with global impact.
For more details visit official website or please contact:
Disclaimer: This is a partnered event.